www.abba4ever.com

Verfügbare Informationen zu "ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special"

  • Qualität des Beitrags: 3 Sterne
  • Beteiligte Poster: agnetha_andrea - Toni - DancingQueen - Maxi-saxi - Simsalabim - Carribean - johnny59 - JanneRobert - Hades - iancee - Bonnie - lemmon - ettie - Anonymous
  • Forum: www.abba4ever.com
  • Forenbeschreibung: The World-Spanning ABBA Fan Online Community - Welcome!
  • aus dem Unterforum: On the Internet
  • Antworten: 36
  • Forum gestartet am: Dienstag 10.10.2006
  • Sprache: englisch
  • Link zum Originaltopic: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special
  • Letzte Antwort: vor 6 Jahren, 9 Monaten, 25 Tagen, 11 Stunden, 2 Minuten

Alle Beiträge und Antworten zu "ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special"

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

agnetha_andrea - 11.11.2007, 08:47
ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special
Hi guys!

I've uploaded a TV Special from the Netherlands, celebrating ABBA's 25th anniversary.
I think it's from 1997.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL_xZsy3shI

Enjoy it!

Love,
Andrea :wink:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Toni - 11.11.2007, 11:06

Thank you very much for the link, Andrea!


:wink:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

DancingQueen - 11.11.2007, 13:13

Thank you! :kiss:

This is absolutely a very nice celebration special, I enjoyed it very much!

I wonder when the next parts will turn up on Youtube - it would be great to see the rest of it.

''Abba doesn't exist any longer, but the music still lives on and is more popular than ever''.

''A phenomenon from pop music history''.

:agree: So true.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

agnetha_andrea - 11.11.2007, 18:56

DancingQueen wrote: Thank you! :kiss:

This is absolutely a very nice celebration special, I enjoyed it very much!

I wonder when the next parts will turn up on Youtube - it would be great to see the rest of it.

''Abba doesn't exist any longer, but the music still lives on and is more popular than ever''.

''A phenomenon from pop music history''.

:agree: So true.

You're welcome, DancingQueen.
The other parts (2 and 3) are on my channel.
You can check them up there.
Hope you enjoy it!

Love,
Andrea :wink:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Maxi-saxi - 12.11.2007, 10:31

Thanks for the links



Maxi-saxi

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Simsalabim - 12.11.2007, 20:44

Thank you Andrea! :kiss:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 12.11.2007, 22:07

Thanks Andrea!

Just be happy you do not understand Dutch since the narration is written by those people who smashed together that terrible On Speaking Terms book. That is why there is so much focus on Agnetha.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

DancingQueen - 12.11.2007, 22:27

Carribean wrote: On Speaking Terms book.

How do you know?

Carribean wrote: That is why there is so much focus on Agnetha.

That is something I noticed too. It seems like those so-called 'writers' are involved in almost anything about Abba which was released here in the Netherlands. :roll:

I do not really pay attention to the things which are stated about the group, but more to some nice shots. OST which is absolutely a crap, but the fact that this is 'celebration special' is also done by them, does not mean the same goes self-evident for these videos. I am not defening anything which is written in OST, but judging this as 'crap' while some nice shots are also showed?

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 12.11.2007, 22:37

I did not use the word crap and I surely did not say anything negative about the footage! I was talking about the narration and why it is good when someone cannot understand it.

And I know because the 'writers' mention it in the book and I read about it at the time as well. They are known as Schrijfbedrijf and have published in Dutch magazines and papers as well making the Dutch believe that Agnetha was the leadsinger. Now *that* is crap!

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

johnny59 - 12.11.2007, 23:24

Agnetha was leadsinger on "The Day Before You Came" and "The Winner Takes it all". I definitely remember that. It's true. Believe me.

:lol:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 13.11.2007, 00:12

johnny59 wrote: Agnetha was leadsinger on "The Day Before You Came" and "The Winner Takes it all". I definitely remember that. It's true. Believe me.

:lol:

Very true... lol! She also sang SOS and Chiquitita!

:lol:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

johnny59 - 13.11.2007, 00:54

Carribean wrote: Very true... lol! She also sang SOS and Chiquitita!

:lol:

You say! :D

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

agnetha_andrea - 13.11.2007, 01:36

Really? I had no idea the documentary was related to the OST authors :shock: (maybe because I don't speak Dutch, hehe).
If they have made it with the intention to "glorify" Agnetha, they are not doing their job OK. A good journalist is objective, and musn't have a preference (at least, in informative press).
If they want to do an opinion documentary, it's different because they are exposing their preferences. In this case, they are informing the public about ABBA, and they should do it properly.

Love,
Andrea :wink:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Maxi-saxi - 13.11.2007, 08:21

Carribean wrote: Thanks Andrea!

Just be happy you do not understand Dutch since the narration is written by those people who smashed together that terrible On Speaking Terms book. That is why there is so much focus on Agnetha.

That is very interesting Ron Can someone please explain to me why these particular people have to have so much of a say when concerning ABBA/Members in TV programmes in Holland and Books, surly there must be more people in Holland who can give a correct well balanced information concerning ABBA's sucess.

I find this so strange.........

I'm confused :confused: :confused:

Maxi-saxi

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

JanneRobert - 13.11.2007, 14:20

Hi.

Its interesting those people from OST are involved so much in ABBA.
Does any-1 here on the site know who these people are?
Are they famous as journalists and are they wellknown in Holland?

Thankz Carribean for your obeservation.

Jannerobert.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

DancingQueen - 13.11.2007, 16:33

agnetha_andrea wrote: Really? I had no idea the documentary was related to the OST authors :shock: (maybe because I don't speak Dutch, hehe).

Me neither, and I do speak Dutch fluency.. :lol: But I can tell you they are not well-known at all here. I had never heard of any excisting company called 'schrijfbedrijf' before I signed in here, and got involved in all heated discussions about OST. Of course they don't do their job right, but this isn't about 'what can be classified as good writing or not' but about how to make money.

Caribbean, if you say so, I guess you are right! Your post only came to me as if this discussion would end up as another elucidation against OST.

Not many people find theirselves wiling and able to write something reasonable about the group, because their last international preformance together dates from 1982, so there's nothing to write about except from unpaid taxes and obsessed stalkers. (and believe me: those articels do reach our media here)

Oh by the way sir Johhny - don't forget Disillusion! Agnetha also did the lead on that one.. :lol:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Hades - 13.11.2007, 19:41

They are credited at the end of the programme. They were also involved in the CD '25 jaar na Waterloo' which was a megaseller in 1999 here.
The casual viewer might not immediately notice the derogatory remarks towards Frida in this TV-special, but they are there (although not as obvious as in the book).

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

agnetha_andrea - 13.11.2007, 19:47

Hades wrote: They are credited at the end of the programme. They were also involved in the CD '25 jaar na Waterloo' which was a megaseller in 1999 here.
The casual viewer might not immediately notice the derogatory remarks towards Frida in this TV-special, but they are there (although not as obvious as in the book).

That's terrible! What did they said about Frida? :wrath:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 13.11.2007, 21:51

Well it is not that they say anything bad about Frida in that docu but it is just Agnetha who is all over the place.

For instance: they say that The Heat Is On was *the* summerhit of 1983. Yes it was a big hit in Holland but not the biggest for sure. Frida had a big hit with I Know There's Something Going On as well in Holland but I do not think it gets mentioned at all. They also act as if Agnetha had several big hits in Holland which is just not true. She did ok as well as Frida.

It is the overall feeling you get when watching it that Agnetha was the most important member. It is terrible that people actually might believe that. Well... we see these nutcases falling over each other on YouTube.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Hades - 13.11.2007, 22:19

agnetha_andrea wrote: What did they said about Frida?
Like I said, the remarks may not be obvious for the casual viewer. As Carribean pointed out, they suggested that Agnetha's solo career was much more succesful than Frida's.
It is also said that in the end all the big hits were sung by Agnetha, while Frida faded into the background. It may be true that all european singles from 1981 and 1982 were Agnetha-leads, but they surely weren't among ABBA's biggest hits.
When the spanish version of 'Chiquitita' is being played, there is also a remark that the latin-american people were especially fond of Agnetha.
Apart from all this, the special is interesting because of all the rare footage of ABBA on dutch TV.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Maxi-saxi - 14.11.2007, 08:49

OK!

But I'm still confused.


Maxi-saxi

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

JanneRobert - 14.11.2007, 11:08

Hi.

I logged in to the "new" OST site the other day and I got a bit confused.
They have now expanded their site to write about a lot of big groups in the pop history.
The site also seemed a lot more comercial than before so I guess they just wanna suck money from the fan-bases of all big groups in the world.

Jannerobert.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

DancingQueen - 14.11.2007, 12:47

Carribean wrote: Well it is not that they say anything bad about Frida in that docu but it is just Agnetha who is all over the place.

Now that is exactly what I meant. Nothing nasty is said about Frida in this special, so there is nothing to blame these blokes for besides focusing on Agnetha. She is the most intresting member to gossip about because she is mainly known as a 'garbo' for those who don't know better. Frida turns up every now and then, and so do B and B, and they seem to be alright with the whole phenomenon which is called 'Abba', so there's nothing to speculate or gossip about. Agnetha however, is the opposite: her latest appearance in the media dates from more than a year ago, she had a stalker for some time, wasn't involved in any musical business for years.. Of course, it is the same media who created that reticent image of her, because it seems to sell best. Of course, there is no way the image they are trying to create and the way they describe Frida's part in Abba, can be excused.

As we simply know, there wasn't something as 'the most important member' in the group. All four influenced the music and appearance on their own way, but that does not brings up any money, while those 'sources of information' like OST do: by making her the most important member of all four, people want to read what kind of bad things are going on and what's the truth behind her disappearance from the media.

Quote: Like I said, the remarks may not be obvious for the casual viewer.

You are right here. This documentary is based on what is partly also stated in OST, which seems to be more a personal fan obsession for one member or another instead of the truth.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 14.11.2007, 12:55

DancingQueen wrote:
Now that is exactly what I meant. Nothing nasty is said about Frida in this special, so there is nothing to blame these blokes for besides focusing on Agnetha.

Isn't it nasty enough to act as if Frida was unimportant?

And of course we can blame them because there were four ABBA members, not one. They also did not tell the complete truth either about Agnetha's solo career.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

iancee - 14.11.2007, 12:58

JanneRobert wrote: I logged in to the "new" OST site the other day
There's a new site?

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

DancingQueen - 14.11.2007, 16:51

Carribean wrote: Isn't it nasty enough to act as if Frida was unimportant?

They did not tried to state Frida was unimportant in this television special. The fact that they praise Agnetha's qualities, does not mean the other three members were unimportant. Besides, I think it is a little bit unfair to mention only Frida here, because the same goes for B/B.

I will not be defending OST, because I absolutely think their Abba story is far from objective, and very rude besides.

Carribean wrote: And of course we can blame them because there were four ABBA members, not one.

I never said it was the other way round, did I? But there is a difference between both. You can not blame them for being nasty towards one of the members in this special because they simply weren't, while On Speaking Terms in fact wrote those kind of statements.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 14.11.2007, 20:06

DancingQueen wrote: They did not tried to state Frida was unimportant in this television special. The fact that they praise Agnetha's qualities, does not mean the other three members were unimportant.

If you put the spot on just one person you automatically make the others less important!

DancingQueen wrote: I will not be defending OST, because I absolutely think their Abba story is far from objective, and very rude besides.


In that case I am really clueless about what exactly your point is. Right now you are defending this docu with comments written by the On Speaking Terms people...

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Bonnie - 16.11.2007, 23:29

iancee wrote: JanneRobert wrote: I logged in to the "new" OST site the other day
There's a new site?

I think JanneRobert is referring to the site of Schrijfbedrijf ( www.schrijfbedrijf.com ) because the Abbaonspeakingterms site is no more.

http://www.schrijfbedrijf.com/journalistiek.html here you can see ABBA and the other artists.

A propos the 25 years of ABBA tv special, when I first watched it ( on tv when it was aired for the first time ) I had the feeling there was something fishy about it. What happened to Frida all of a sudden? Wasn't she just as important as Agnetha? Later on I found out the reason why: the same writers as OST.

It's not that everything on ABBA in The Netherlands is written by them. Obviously the more progressive media usually do not use their "service".

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

lemmon - 17.11.2007, 09:38

Just visited their site. Seems to be a profesional company. Impressed by all the celebrities they talked to.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

DancingQueen - 17.11.2007, 13:20

Carribean wrote: In that case I am really clueless about what exactly your point is. Right now you are defending this docu with comments written by the On Speaking Terms people...

No. I don't really know what you would determine as 'defending' because describing a book as I did above is not my way of appreciating something! What I did tried to state is that I to try be objective towards this documentary. Because OST was a nasty piece of previous work, does not mean same automatically goes for this documentary: no bad words were said about Frida at least.

Yes, they did represented Agnetha in a way as the main person behind the Abba successes, but a fact is that she simply sells best because she can not often been seen in public. Because of those rare appearances, it only becomes more intresting what's going on behind all that money and shyness, and so these books like OSP make more money out of it.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 17.11.2007, 16:39

lemmon wrote: Just visited their site. Seems to be a profesional company. Impressed by all the celebrities they talked to.

Now that is a good one!!!!

:rotfl2:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Carribean - 17.11.2007, 16:51

DancingQueen wrote: Carribean wrote: In that case I am really clueless about what exactly your point is. Right now you are defending this docu with comments written by the On Speaking Terms people...

No. I don't really know what you would determine as 'defending' because describing a book as I did above is not my way of appreciating something! What I did tried to state is that I to try be objective towards this documentary. Because OST was a nasty piece of previous work, does not mean same automatically goes for this documentary: no bad words were said about Frida at least.

Yes, they did represented Agnetha in a way as the main person behind the Abba successes, but a fact is that she simply sells best because she can not often been seen in public. Because of those rare appearances, it only becomes more intresting what's going on behind all that money and shyness, and so these books like OSP make more money out of it.

Sorry but that is nonsense to me. How can you be objective watching a docu where it is said: 'Frida slowly disappeared to the background.' So... did she? The answer indeed is no!

And even if Agnetha would sell better; people who were going to watch this did not know that it was more about her than about Frida because they thought they were going to watch an ABBA special. What they got was an Agnetha with ABBA special and they were left with the idea that Frida was not that important.

On Speaking Terms was not the Agnetha with ABBA story either but supposed to be an ABBA book.

Since you do not seem to agree with me you appear to be defending this docu once again.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

ettie - 19.11.2007, 11:10

Hi.

To help you all, the guy behind the OST book is/was a big Agnetha fan, I did meet him somewhere in 80's and I am still a bit angry at him because he did spread a lot of stupid Frida rumours, you really don't wanna know . So it's no wonder that the story has all Agnetha things.

Greetings Ettie.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

johnny59 - 19.11.2007, 12:50

It's important for me to point out that not all big Agnetha-fans are like that. :angel:

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

ettie - 19.11.2007, 14:13

Hi Johnny59

I did not mean all agnetha fans, I was just dissapointed in this fan who did spread those stupid rumours, i'm an abbafan for a very long time and I had the chance to meet all abba members in person so you see it's not fair if someone who was jealous I think arpond that time starts doing this, to see this tv docu with his name , reminded me of this.
Greetings Ettie.

Re: ABBA 25 years in Holland TV Special

Anonymous - 21.11.2007, 00:23

DancingQueen wrote: Agnetha. She is the most intresting member to gossip about because she is mainly known as a 'garbo' for those who don't know better.
Considering this documentary is meant to be a factual account of Abbas career, then there really isnt a place for gossip in the program.
I dont see why Agnethas label as "garbo" and the stalker would be consider more interesting or make more money. It old news rehashed everytime Agnetha is mentioned, even non fans by now would be bored of hearing it.
I dont want Agnetha to be forever known as the garbo clone with the stalker.But these two things never fail to be mentioned when Agnetha is talked about in the press.

Dancing queen, Im sorry but i couldnt help but feel you were defending and excusing these people. Maybe in this program, they did nothing but ignore frida(which is bad enough) but their past actions have given enough reasons for all fans to give a wide berth to these people and ignore all their attempts to make money out of Abba. If they are not capable of being professional enough to put aside their own preferences and give an unbiased view. then they should not be involved in such things.
There is enough hate in the world and for them to treat Frida the way they have is unforgiveable.

Interestingly i spent some time with Fred tonne in the summer of 87 for the first ever Benny and Orsa spelman concert in Falun. Never once did he give me the impression he had such views of Frida. I wonder why he/ they feel this way. Perhaps they got hit over the head :roll:

All i can say i feel so sad for them to waste such energy on their dislike, especially to a warm hearted woman like Frida.And im glad i dont understand Dutch.

Lovefridax
Mit folgendem Code, können Sie den Beitrag ganz bequem auf ihrer Homepage verlinken
Weitere Beiträge aus diesem Forum
NEWS MARCH 2007 THE TROUTH - gepostet von DESIGNER am Dienstag 03.04.2007
"MAMMA MIA" premiere videos!!! - gepostet von gegrat am Samstag 27.10.2007
Question from Stefan - answered - gepostet von Nathan am Dienstag 10.04.2007
There's something goin' on - gepostet von robertusa am Dienstag 28.08.2007
Kedr... - gepostet von Carribean am Donnerstag 31.05.2007
Ähnliche Beiträge
Holland - Torres93 (Montag 03.07.2006)
What is your ABBA collection? - elad (Samstag 25.11.2006)
Madonna a tribute to ABBA ! - Charlie92 (Dienstag 30.01.2007)
abba advert for number ones cd - jenlovesabba1982 (Samstag 11.11.2006)
[ZM] Javi Márquez - El_Valenciano_Sajón (Samstag 22.05.2010)
IPHONES & ABBA RINGTONES - darlingagnetha (Sonntag 22.07.2007)
24.3.+7./14.4. 19 h VIVA SPECIAL Songs der Mottoshow - Chrissi (Freitag 23.03.2007)
Frida in Japanese Special - Captions - Fire&Ice (Sonntag 12.11.2006)
ABBA Picture Discs - abbascots (Donnerstag 18.01.2007)
Holland gewinnt WM! - jagger (Dienstag 04.04.2006)